HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Human Scent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carpio
Admin

PostSubject: Human Scent   Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:39 am

Do you think our human scent can be detected by carp after we handle baits, anyone ever considerd this.

We all have a different scents and i know that there is rumour in the salmon fishing world that women seem to catch the biggest salmon and this is down to their scent.

Maybe our scent might taint our baits to the detrement of our fishing or in some cases enhance our fishing,

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingforum.co.uk
grandad

PostSubject: Re: Human Scent   Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:10 am

ive seen terry hearn fishing using a petrol stove!! didnt stop him catching..but a m8 whos on certain medication swears by wearing rubber gloves whilst handling his b8..
Back to top Go down
carpycarpy

PostSubject: Re: Human Scent   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 pm

I think your scent has a lot to do with catching carp ie i think carp can pick up your scent when you've played with bait.

I asked at Hinders of Swindon because i am a smoker would the smell of the nicotine on my hands go through on to the bait? The sales man replied yes...!!!!

But the smell of nicotine on my hands has never stopped me catching fish.
Back to top Go down
stot

PostSubject: Re: Human Scent   Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 am

if you think about it... all the unatural food stuff carp eat has at one point or another been touched by some human and none of it smells like it belongs in the water so their used to it ..if worried wash hands in lake or rub some bankside dirt on them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
grandad

PostSubject: Re: Human Scent   Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:52 am

it does make me larf that..you know when sum anglers say naturals!! like u say stot, a boillie is totally alien to carp, much the same as tigernuts ,hemp, pellets,maize, the list goes on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Human Scent   

Back to top Go down

Human Scent
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main Carp Forum :: Carper Chat-
Jump to:  

Advertise Your Products or Services With Us - Click Here